Every year, Band For Today hosts a solo contest for students. This contest involves students playing a solo before a judge. The students are rated on pitch, rhythm, technique, and presentation. First, second, and third places receive either a gold, silver or bronze medal and perfect scores with the solo memorized receive an engraved trophy. This is a great way for students to take a little more responsibility for their own improvement as young musicians.
See your student’s hand out or go directly to registration for more details!
- All performance time scheduling is done by Band For Today with no exceptions.
- All students are receiving solos from their band director.
- Beginners will perform “Springtime Waltz”.
- Final information will be e-mailed around ten days before the contest date. If you do not
receive your time by a week before the contest, please call us. 630-420-8556.
- Because these solos are above and beyond the regular classroom curriculum, students need to devote additional individual practice time to their pieces.
Band For Today structures this contest as a positive, educational and rewarding experience for our students.