Every year, Band For Today hosts a solo contest for students. This contest involves students playing a solo before a judge. The students are rated on pitch, rhythm, technique, and presentation. First, second, and third places receive either a gold, silver or bronze medal and perfect scores with the solo memorized receive an engraved trophy. This is a great way for students to take a little more responsibility for their own improvement as young musicians.
Band For Today structures this contest as a positive, educational and rewarding experience for our students.
· All performance time scheduling is done by Band For Today with no exceptions.
· All students are receiving solos from their band director.
· Beginners will perform either “Sawmill Creek,” “Western Portrait” or “Melody”
· Final information will be e-mailed around two weeks before the contest date. If you do not
receive your time by a week before the contest, please call us. 630-420-8556
· Because these solos are above and beyond the regular classroom curriculum, students need to devote additional individual practice time to their pieces.
Band For Today structures this contest as a
positive, educational experience for our students.
Please register online by February 2nd. Final times and information will be e-mailed approximately 2 weeks before the event date.